Friday 13 March 2009

Rising Tides

In the News this week:

Apparently much of England is about to disappear under water due to rising sea levels and 10,000 people could die this summer as temperatures soar to 40 deg C.

Prince Charles says we have “less than 100 months to act” before it is too late to be saved from global warming. That makes Doomsday Sunday July 9 2017. Better put that one in your calendar!

Meanwhile on the other side of the pond the wettest thing in Texas is oil, California's still dreaming of a winter's day and global warming is increasing the death rate of trees. Never mind though because "Global warming may be cancelled out by a natural cooling of sea temperatures over the next decade".

Oh well, at least there are no killer bees this year!

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

I am building my ark as of today!

Cath said...

It never ceases to amaze me how they all agree and disagree at the same time.

*marking my calendar up*

Suldog said...

Well, this is why I rarely pay attention. I'm a much happier person when I'm oblivious to the upcoming disasters :-)

Reasons said...

We're all dooooooooooomed!!